Sunday, December 10, 2006

First post

It is strange writing a blog entry for the first time. Reader: this is perhaps as much for myself in the future as for you, so please bear with the trivialities.

I am presently located in Northwestern Kuwait, where I serve my second Army National Guard long tour of duty.

Today I went out as turret gunner on three random patrols in the desert - the first one in the middle of the night and the other two in the daytime. The highlight of the day was a sand fox Vulpes ruepelli. The sand fox was exactly the same color as the desert, so that I almost didn't see it at first (in fact, only two of us saw it). It had huge ears, and moved very fast. I am guessing that he must live off the big gerbils and lizards that we see on a regular basis.

After work, I borrowed a movie (the first Harry Potter), watched it, and read Isabel Allende's Si me tocaras el corazon (a short story named after one of my favorite poems by Neruda), while listening to Grupo Fantasma.

No comments: