Sunday, November 30, 2008

A few more California birds

Things have been great here in southern California, and I am headed to Puerto Vallarta today. Before I left I wanted to test a new little gimmick I got for reading memory cards, and I thought I would just go ahead and make another post, so I can make up for the months of putting up very little. I am also almost done with classes, which makes it much easier to think and write about birds and such.

This is a Western bluebird, Sialia mexicana, in Pasadena:


A ruddy duck, Oxyura jamaicensis, in Laguna Niguel:


Some sanderlings on the beach (Calidris alba):


And, finally, a red-tailed hawk Buteo jamaicensis, which was being harassed by two common ravens near the house:


Thanksgiving was great; I've been bicycling a little, and I am thoroughly relaxed after being here fr a few days.

No comments: