Thursday, December 18, 2008

A quick hello from Puno, Peru.

So far, I've only seen one Peruvian town: Puno, on Lake Titicaca, where I have been for the past five days. It has been amazing, and in fact I am already thinking about going back. Just like anyplace, the region around Puno is one that only reluctantly allows tourists to experience its best aspects. So far, i have only scratched the surface. Here are two photos from a group of really touristy islands that we went to (more about them later).

An adult Black-crowned night-heron Nycticorax nycticorax (tame and injured bird), called huacana by the locals:


And an adult male yellow-winged blackbird Agelasticus thilius, called Ch'enko by the Aymara people:



The internet connection here is really slow, so I'll put up more pictures when I am in Cuzco, starting tomorrow.

No comments: